Side Keys on Logitech Signature M650 Mouse

Hi:

Is there any way to use the two side keys on the Logitech Signature M650 mouse as Hot Key triggers? I tried to enable them as a trigger but nothing happened.

Many thanks!

Try using USB Device Key:

Have you tried Logitech Options? I don't know if it works with the M650 but with my MX Master it allows me to do a variety of things with each of the buttons, including assigning hotkeys, which can then be used to trigger KM macros.

Works like a charm; thank you!

Thanks for the tip. I'm new to KM so properly using USB Device Key will take some investigation, but in the meantime I can use Logitech Options. Much appreciated.

Worth it if you don't want to have Logitech Options installed and running in the background.

If you want to use mouse drivers, in my opinion, SteerMouse is much better than Logitech Options. And unlike Logitech, SteerMouse's developer responds with help in a timely manner.

I tried Steermouse and it is great but it would occasionally stop working (fixed by putting the mac to sleep and waking it again) and there's no support for the Logitech scroll mode switch, so I switched back to plain ol' Options.

Thanks to you both for your input!!!