Snap Palette to Front Window Plugin Action

No I haven’t, but I haven’t really tried. In general, when you don’t want it to snap to a specific window, you do something like this:

So perhaps you can find something in the QuickLook window to look for.

Good luck. If you figure out an answer, post it here so all of us can benefit. Thanks!

After more time than I should care to spend on the issue I have finally resolved the case.

the application is located here:
/System/Library/Frameworks/Quartz.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/QuickLookUI.f ramework/Versions/A/Resources/QuickLookUIHelper.app

This was a good day! :slight_smile:

One more tweak:
When QuickLook starts I conceal the palette, and when it quits, I reveal it again. It has couple of seconds latency on quit, though

Installed this today, mucho thanko! It works great — with Mail.app.

Unfortunately, not so great with OmniFocus. As far as I can tell, the palette is snapping to a position relative to the center of the window, not the edge/corner. Any suggestions for troubleshooting?

Hey @DanThomas - Been playing and enjoying this! Very nice step forward with making palettes more useable! It’s a bit crack like for UI tweekers like me who all but can’t stop working on getting the UI to work as I’d like to.

Been playing with creating “Toolbars” both text and icon based for app windows replacing whatever existing ones there may be.

Below is the current ever evolving set. It’s allow me to integrate several other favorite apps.

Can’t get it to snap any sub-palettes evoked from the already snapped main palette. Is that currently possible?

Honestly, I don’t know. But if you’re on UI crack, you’ll probably figure it out eventually! :slight_smile: However, it may take some creative thinking. You could also ask @peternlewis if there’s any events you can hook into, but I kind of doubt it.

My Finder single horizontal row of icons palette that’s pinned to the top left corner got so long it covered the Finder window search bar. I added a macro that clicked and dragged the palette down to reveal the search field. Strangely, it would only work if I added option and shift to the click. Any idea what’s up with that?