[SOLVED] Possible Bug: Apply Style to System Clipboard Unintentionally Changes the Font and Size

Howdy folks, I’m having trouble understanding something on a rather simple macro.

In Apple Notes, I use this macro to change only the color of highlighted text. While it does change the color, it also changes the font and size, even though those options are not checked in the apply styles action.

The initial font and size is System Font (Default) and 13. But when running this macro it ends up as Helvetica Neue and 15.2.

I am wondering if this is a bug since I do not make use of the change font and size option in the action?

Tagging @peternlewis for his input, but if anybody else has some insight on this I’m all ears. Thanks in advance for the help!

-Chris

EDIT: Updated to include the screen recording because like a doofus I forgot to include it earlier. :man_facepalming:t2:

Screen recording (Click to expand/collapse)

Screen Recording 2022-11-10 at 3.24.24 PM

Macro screenshot (Click to expand/collapse)

33)[AS:AN] Color: red.kmmacros (4.4 KB)

Updated to include the screen recording in initial post. :man_facepalming:t2:

This is Notes doing, so you need to complain to Apple I'm afraid.

Copy the text from Notes and paste it in to Pages, you get Helvetica Neue there too.

2 Likes

Ha, somehow I don’t think that would be very productive. Thanks for the info! I guess I’ll just just Helvetica Neue from now on. :sweat_smile:

1 Like