Stream Deck Plugin for Keyboard Maestro

Yes, thank you, it's help.

As i see, some of your macros contains characters like single quote, braces, ect... which breaks the json send to Streamdeck plugin. At this time, i've done the minimal protect that (because i don't need it for myself... ^^ ).

Well, i'm going to check that this week and update the plugin.

I'll tell you here when it's done...

Hello Brian,

a new release is available :

Actually, the issue was not due to some characters but you have an empty macro without name or actions in your Keyboard Maestro Macros dictionnary. New release of the plugin add a protection against that.
I've tested your file with success, the macros list is now loading correctly in StreamDeck.

Ah... the macros without names are used for separators for popup pallets. Quit a few users use this technique.

Works perfect now!

Great work - this will come in handy.

I love your plugin and I prefer it to the Keyboard Maestro plugin for stream deck. Being able to call a specific macro and pass a parameter are killer features.

I did notice one small bug on your plugin. If you type something in Parameter field and close the plugin without clicking on either the Title or Macro field before closing the plugin, it will not save what you typed in the Parameter field.

It is not a big deal and I have learned how to work around it. I just thought you might want to know. Great work on the plug in!

I agree this is an excellent plugin :grinning:

1 Like

This plugin has made the Stream Deck worth having for me. It's perfect!

Could anyone explain the execution parameter to me? I have a bunch of region fade actions for Logic Pro with a separate action for each fade length. I'm guessing the execution parameter would enable the same macro button to be duplicated and the parameter set for each one would pass on as a pastable variable in KM, enabling you to have one master macro that gets the fade length from the parameter in Stream Deck. I'm just not sure how to reference the variable in KM.

I have the same question. Hoping someone answers it here. Thanks!

I replied to this question in a different thread. See here;

You might find it helpful.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Just coming in to say a big THANK YOU!

Previously I had mapped everything to MIDI, and well it was getting painful remembering what had been used.

You ROCK!

3 Likes

Hi @corcules, thanks so much for creating this plugin! If it's not too complex, would you be able to include this plugin also for the dials of the new Stream Deck +? Currently it's not possible to use them for so many things but if possible to assign them KM macro with your plugin it would be amazing! :star_struck:
If not possible, thanks anyway for the great work you already did!

1 Like

:kissing_heart: thanks

:kissing_heart: thanks

About the new SD+ and the dials actions, maybe ... but probably with some strong limitations.
KMLink is just a simple KM's macro launcher. It doesn't do anything by itself, KM's macro do the job. It means that it would be impossible to have a feedback on the LCD strip. That's mainly why it's currently not possible to dynamically change the key icon.
It may be possible (not sure for the direction^^) to handle the rotation trigger but i guess it would be very basically just like a key and without feedback. So i guess that the interest would be quite low...
Anyway, i don't have an SD+ . I would not be able to give a try. So sorry but not for the moment.
:man_shrugging:

1 Like

@corcules Off-topic, but... As an experienced SD/KM user, have you ever had any thoughts about programatically changing SD profiles? The current way I do it is to associate profiles with blank applets that KM can launch, but it's really clunky. Unbelievable that Elgato haven't given that any thought in all this time!

1 Like

Hello Neil,

Yes we are all waiting for that !!! :sob:

But I’ve read recently from Elgato that it may be possible soon…

Of course I’ve tried severals ways to do that:

• When you make an SD plugin, you can include inside the plugin some predefined profiles. These kind of profiles can be called programmatically. But it’s really not practical and I abandoned that way.

• You can try AppleScript to select the profile inside via the Stream Deck menubar. But it’s not easy particularly when you have severals Stream Decks, lots of profiles, some profiles with the same name in different Stream Deck… it works quite good but not very practical = abandoned.

• Finally, I kept the applet's, it’s the least worst.

It’s quite good enough actually.

My first use case is simple : I’m doing web development. I use an application for coding (IDE). But inside this application, I write lots of different langages like html, JavaScript, css, php,… I have a lot of KM macros for each langages or frameworks I use (sophisticated snippets, formatting text, building app, versioning code,...). To be simple, I have a SD profile for each langage. I’ve made a small plugin for my IDE that launch a specific applet depending on the extension of the file currently edited (focused). An applet for php, one for JavaScript, etc…

A similar use case with Finder app and applet's. Some Finder’s windows have their own SD profile when coming in front (to manage photos or files, to do accountancy, customer’s prolected folder, etc…)

Just to share.

1 Like

Good to know you've been through that process too. I think Elgato should pay you for KM Link. It makes the hardware 10X more useful! Seriously, I'm not sure I'd have persisted with SD without it!

Interesting. I emailed them about a month ago and they gave me no hope. Are you able to elaborate on what they said?

2 Likes

Woah, that’s rather exciting news. Can you share what they said?

1 Like

We both posted within a second of each other. :joy:

1 Like

Haha too slow my friend :sweat_smile:

Oulà, slowdown guys ! :smile:

It’s not a news sorry.
I just read few days ago, somewhere (i guess on reddit) someone from Elgato saying that it’s on their todo list.
Just a « somewhere someone » then…

But last release notes of the Streamdeck SDK may indicate that they are working on something like that…

4 Likes