I've been playing around with new Subroutines and I'm loving them.
I think the documentation for Subroutines could be improved to explicitly convey how the parameter variables are scoped.
I discovered that the parameters defined in the Subroutine Trigger are globally scoped. I was little surprised by this, but then I realized that the parameters follow the same naming and scoping rules as normal variables.
I was able to prefix my parameters with "local__" to properly encapsulate them within the scope of the subroutine. And, when execute the subroutine, the "local__" prefixes are not displayed in the configuration UI. Very nice.