Suggestions on how to combine Left page PDF, with Right page PDF?

Hello all,

Is this possible?
I have come across scripts that allow for the automation of combining PDF 1 with PDF 2, presumably with PDF1 being placed 1st in totality, followed thereafter by PDF2.

My query however stems from having PDF1, with only the left hand pages of a document (in other words, pages 1, 3, 5, 7 etc.), and whether an automated process can be put in place to merge that with PDF2, with only the right hand pages (pages 2, 4, 6, 8 etc.)?

The final PDF would then have both combined into the correct page order of PDFs 1 and 2.

I can do this manually – but since I have several PDFs like this – and could see more being generated going forward, I thought I would check to see if this is something that can be automated?

Or would it probably be less of a 'rabbit-hole' to simply use some old-school 'elbow-grease', so to speak?

While this is probably doable in KM, there is an Automator action explicitly designed to do this, so I would just use it. Just be sure the two files you pass it are named so that the file with odd pages would come before the name of the file with even pages in an alphanumeric sort.

Many thanks – I knew Automator could pull them apart, didn't realise it could put them together as well!

Will play around with the Automator action – I've already have it mostly working. No doubt simpler than going down the route of a KM macro.

Just three steps...

Yes thanks - its the files I need to dabble with a bit now. Some aren't entirely "equal", so to speak, which throws the order out. But regardless, this is way quicker than any manual method!