Take Office File and Insert as PDF Into OneNote

Hi,

New to this and I'm maybe biting off more than I can chew.

My work Mac is locked down to just using Office 365 and the MacOS standard apps. I have prevailed upon the IT gods to let me install KM, but nothing else useful (Hazel, TextExpander, DevonThink, etc).

From time to time I would like to take particular Office docs (.docx and .pptx mostly) and insert them as a printout into a OneNote note.

Unfortunately, Office does this by sending the file out to the web to be converted, which is something else the office has blocked.

What I end up doing is printing the file to pdf, finding the pdf in Finder, dragging to to the OneNote note, and telling it to insert as printout.

I would love to have a KM macro that does most/all of this for me. I am stuck, though, and I think I'm doing what others have suggested in the forum but with no success.

The part I am still working through is the printing to pdf to a certain location within my iCloud Drive Downloads folder.

I get successfully to the save as screen, and then based on a post I found here I run the following:

I get to this point:

And then I get a few sporadic beeps and it goes no further. How do I get out of this box and get the file saved?

Try taking the final / off from the file path.

So:

/Users/dew/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Downloads/PDFing

Instead of:

/Users/dew/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Downloads/PDFing/