Text Word Trigger

Hello guys ,

Any idea how to make a macro to trigger an alert or notification when copy text from copy and paste with specific word :

I do a lot of copy and paste .. but from my copy , there are few words I need an alert from , so I don’t have to read full text or search by cmd+f . I want keyboard maestro to alert me or notify me with specific word included in the text.

Here is a SAMPLE:
'This is where early adopters and innovation seekers find lively, imaginative tech before it hits the mainstream.'

I want alert of notification with the word imaginative or words I can change later myself or add more words. Also if i copy the words imaginative. I want to get notification

Hi Collins,

This sample macro that uses the "system clipboard changed" trigger should get you started. Just add the words you want to be notified about to the LocalWordList variable at the top of the macro, and it should notify you whenever you copy some text that contains them.

Clipboard Notifier.kmmacros (2.9 KB)

4 Likes

Thanks so much... working perfect

1 Like

Very nice, Gabe! :+1:

I was not aware of that trigger. KM has become such a vast resource, and I continue to learn about it.

2 Likes