Trigger a Ctrl keyboard tap (Not as a modifier)

Hi all

I'm trying to get KBM to trigger a feature in an app which has the hot key of a double CTRL tap.

I can't see an option for this in the keystroke action and have tried using a system event action as well (Tell application "System Events" key code 59...) but that's not working either.

Is there a way to do this? The alternative is a complicated system of gears and pulleys which I'd much rather avoid as the simple way is, well simpler.

J

Am I understanding you correctly in wanting to simulate a pressing the CTRL-key twice in quick succession? The Type Modifiers action will often work for this.

But something like this does not work in your situation?

Alternatively like this:

Or possibly adding a short pause inbetween):

By clicking the cogwheel you can choose to separate the press, and realease, actions:
Screenshot 2024-03-27 at 20.15.06

Then making it possible to set it up something like this:

These are te approaches I'd test out for a start. Or I might be misunderstanding your request completely, in which case you might have to elaborate

2 Likes

Hi Alexander

Thanks for your reply - didn’t know about the type modifier action, very interesting!

Will try that tomorrow and report back :slight_smile:

J

1 Like

Hi Alexander

That worked! Tried all the suggestions and ultimately the 'press&hold - wait a bit - release' x 2 solution nailed it. Thank you so much :slight_smile:

J

1 Like