Trigger: "Found Image"?

Is there a workaround to use a "Found Image" as a trigger? Currently I am using the active application as a trigger until an image is found. But wouldn't it be great to initially trigger a macro IF an image is found?

That would be way to slow, I think. The KM Engine would have to constantly scan the screen for the image, and that's a processor-consuming activity.

Thanks @DanThomas, you're right. I didn't think about that.
Even though I didn't recognize the Mac getting slow during my tests. I used the trigger "Application is active" for Chrome to search for a specific button as image and automatically click on it when it appears. I set the time to each second. But related to your hint I checked the Activity Monitor and indeed the KM engine jumps to around 50% CPU usage when Chrome is active.

It's all about trade-offs. If you don't mind the activity, then do what works best for you - it's your computer after all! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Have you considered using a different trigger that would fire only when you expect fo find the target image?
I have used these triggers when I also want to look for a target image:

You can combine this with a Macro Group that is only active when the target images might occur.

Hi @JMichaelTX, thanks a lot for your recommendations. I tried different of these things but this is a special situation and on the other hand not that important that I would invest more time to just have a small comfortable advantage. I just didn't think about what Dan mentioned that the scanning process has always to be active to "look" if the image appears.
Currently my easiest way is to assign a shortcut to use every time the image appears.

Thanks again for your help!

That is a very good solution.

I use the same method myself with a nagging window that sometimes pops up, and then will continue to popup another 4-5 times over a period of 1-2 minutes.
When the first window appears, I trigger the macro with a hot key.
It then uses a Repeat While Loop to check for additional windows every 2 seconds, and closes them.
The Repeat While loop closes after 2 min.

1 Like

Thanks a lot. This is an awesome idea I will definitely check out in another scenario. :+1:

1 Like