Triggering small LED lights

Hi i’m looking for a way to automate a small light turning on/off (external from my computer display) when i do things like enter recording mode in logic, open a certain app called Just Press Record, etc. It could just be like a little red light the size of a christmas tree light.

Is this possible to do with Keyboard Maestro (or any other way)? And if so, does anybody know of a small piece of lighting hardware that would work on it (maybe that has mutliple lights so i can see the conditions of multiple variables)?

It is quite likely Keyboard Maestro could control any light you can control from your Mac.

How technically savvy are you? I recently bought a NodeMCU from ebay for AU$6 shipped. Using the Arduino software, I programmed in an example web server and had a remote controllable led going within abut an hour while watching TV one evening.

It would not be hard to extend that to control a handful of leds.

But if you’re looking for an off-the-shelf solution, I don’t know.

I have a XK-24 which works well with Keyboard Maestro, and in theory you can control the red/blue leds on it, but in practice I don’t know if it can be done from the Mac or how to do it.

I imagine there are other possibilities, but I don’t know of any others.

1 Like

Take a look at this.
It also has an IFTTT channel.

2 Likes

Keyboard Maestro could definitely drive that via the blink1-tool command line tool.

1 Like

Not very tech savvy compared to most here i think, just don’t have much time to play with the programming. A very simple DIY solution or off the shelf solution would be best for me.

Thanks that seems great! If anybody knows any competitors or other solutions I would appreciate hearing it too, they are a bit pricey