Troubleshooting "press button" checkboxes

Hi all,

I’m having trouble getting the “press button” command to work for checkboxes. The frustrating thing is that it’s clear KM can recognize the checkbox, as I’ve had no problem getting If/Then/Else conditions to operate based on checked/unchecked status.

I suspect it may have something to do with the naming of the button. I notice for If statements, we have the option of looking for names “containing” whatever string, but for a button press, that functionality is absent, and the name has to be exact.

Has anyone found a workaround for this? So far I’ve been able to just use mouse clicks, but I really dislike that method, and KM’s pretty unfriendly when it comes to programming coordinates.

Thanks for any help!

Well, if the application is scriptable, a workaround would be to use AppleScript (still from KM, of course). Another possible solution would be to use something like UIBrowser or maybe ScriptDebugger to find the internal name of the checkbox.

And finally, an easy way to find coordinates is described here: http://flipmartin.net/software/tips-and-tricks-for-keyboard-maestro#get-cursor-position

Hey There,

You need to identify what app you're working in and what checkboxes. We can only help if we either have tested something or can test something.

-Chris

Thanks Philippe, I’ll play around with your suggestions.

Sorry for the ambiguity, Chris - this is within Finale 2011.