Trying to make a found image macro faster

Hello everyone,

I've created a macro which fixes the shortcoming of an audio plugin in Pro Tools, which is that the plugin won't allow me to copy the value in a field to the clipboard. To get around this I have copied an image of every possible value and then used if then else to relate it to the number so I can then get KM to write the value in for me. The problem is that the higher up the number is (they go up to 1000) the longer KM takes to recognise which number is on the screen. 1 is very quick as it's at the top, but it gets progressively slower as KM works it's way down.

Is there any way at all I can make this process quicker? I feel like I don't know a lot of what KM can do so I'm hoping one of the more complex features can help me.

Below is a screen shot of a couple of the actions to demonstrate.

Thanks very much,

Alex

Try to use Area instead of Main Screen but it might be problematic if you move the plugin screen. Which Plugin is it? (i am a PT user too)

Hi Fokke,

I tried using ‘area’ but it seemed to be a lot less accurate for some reason, I couldn’t get it to work consistently well. Maybe I’ll try again. It’s a plugin called Auto Align.

Alex

Hey Alex,

Your best bet for speed is to use AppleScript, System Events, and UI-Scripting.

Unfortunately there's no guarantee that System Events will be able to see the UI elements of your plug-in, and the only way to find out is to test.

A quick example to run from the Script Editor.app with Pro Tools running and your plug-in showing:

tell application "System Events"
   tell application process "Pro Tools"
      set frontmost to true
      name of every window
   end tell
end tell

Run this – then switch back to the Script Editor. Look in the Result Viewer and see if there's any output.

-Chris