Tweak the Failure Notification

Hi :slight_smile:

Do you know if it's possible to tweak the notification in case of a macro failure ?

Instead of just getting a notification on the top-right of the screen, would it be possible to have KM send an email or even an iMessage when a macro would stop for failure ?

Maybe a lead:
Use Growl to execute a specific macro in case of a failure ?
Idea comes from : Notifications for Macro Failure

2 Likes

It would be nice to have a conditional that works like a try { … } catch { … } so that a macro could do something specific like executing a different macro if an action fails or times out.

1 Like

I agree. That would be huge!

@peternlewis, please accept this as a feature request.

BTW, I know we can do that with one Action, but this would need to be a Try/Catch Action that has separate blocks just like an IF/THEN Action.

Thanks.

No, the notifications use the system Notification facility. It would be nice if Apple allowed you to detect those, but I doubt that would ever happen for privacy/security reasons unfortunately.

And no, Keyboard Maestro doesn't offer any other mechanism for sending those notifications elsewhere.

Previously Growl was used, but Growl support was removed for a variety of reasons.

It is already on the todo list.

2 Likes

Any updates on this?

Is there anything that does something like a try (...) catch (...) at this time?

Hey Hanny,

Welcome to the forum!   :smile:

Not per se.

But depending upon what you're doing something might be arranged.

Be more specific, and we'll see.

-Chris