Type Like a Human Macro (v9.0.3)

I was asked for a macro that “Types like a human”, and built this as an example, which seems useful to share.

Type Like a Human.kmmacros (8.8 KB)

3 Likes

Interesting. I was trying to figure out a use case for such a macro, and I guess if you were creating a video where a person is supposed to be typing, this would do the trick.

You just need to add one thing, Peter: The clicking sound a computer keyboard supposedly makes (many are silent these days).

2 Likes

Yes, I believe that was the use case. Automated production of the video behaviour.

I did similar things when I made the v9 release video - pretty much the entire thing was run by script, so I could adjust the behaviour and replay it until I was happy with the result.

Hey @peternlewis - amazing Macro my friend.

Question for you if that's ok?

For a new 'typed' (I'm guessing \n or \r) line, I'd want SHIFT+RETURN pressed, not just RETURN... any idea how to do this?

I've tried:

• to delete these from the macro above ➝ no luck
  • change the condition involving \n|\r to be 'type keystroke' (Shift Return) ➝ no luck with this either.

Thanks in advance!
Danny

In the “\n|\r” case, just change the Insert Text by Typing action to a Type a Keystroke action and type Shift-Return.