Typinator 7 Update

Thank you @appleianer for going to that trouble for me. I will look at them carefully and the mail one looks as if it might be useful. I do have TextExpander on the old rate, 20$ a year which means it is not a big hit to keep it another year and see. Were I paying $40 I would be less inclined. I will let you know how it pans out for me and I really appreciate the trouble folk on this forum go to.

1 Like

I don't have many expansions so with that qualifier I will say that the main reason I went to KM instead was because the string triggers for expansions will show up on KeyCue so I can learn them or pull them up if I forget one very easily: so it is kind of ironic that it is another Ergonis product that pulled me off TextExpander rather than a direct choice in favor of their snippet app. It just works for me and I found the TE search for snippets that I could never remember clumsy and slow. KeyCue shows with two Command presses.

Oddly enough @appleianer today I timed on my iPhone, how long it took to set up a new Ulysses note through Shortcuts versus the new hard press on Ulysses' icon. The hard press method was far quicker by my timing. I do and have had shortcuts and workflows in the past which though 'neat' have been really slower than just doing it 'by hand' as it were. KM is one of the things that keeps me on OSX.

Love the post.

I've only been hearing great things about Typinator from veteran/power users.

I know this is an old post and Typinator is at version 9, but I couldn't find answers to the below questions. I was hoping and would appreciate if you could help me out with them so I commit to Typinator :slight_smile:

I have tried the trail version of Typinator but didn't find these features so asking.

1. Can Typinator import snippets directly from Alfred? Alfred saves each snippet in JSON format.
  2. Can Typinator export snippets in a standard format, let's say JSON or something similar? In case I need to export out a few years later for whatever reason.
  3. Most importantly, I sync my Alfred snippets with iOS Text Replacement feature so I can use them on my mobile devices. How I do that is every time I have to add a snippet, I add that to Apple's Text Replacement and have a Python script query Apple's sqllite and create the JSON files in a specific directory in Alfred's preferences that Alfred auto-refreshes. Anything similar I can accomplish with Typinator?

1 Like

I have someone wanting to create Apple email templates that contain pictures, which Keyboard Maestro's mail template won't do.

Of the app here, would any allow/what would you recommend for creating Apple mail templates with pictures or any other path to creating and using Apple email templates?

I did find this > how to make a mail template - Apple Community, which suggests creating a mailbox for templates and dragging new or sent emails there and then using the send again command. This is workable and doesn't include placeholders for names and other filling info fields.

I'm trying TypeIt4Me and just let go of my subscription to TextExpander, which I may need to go back to for this particular usage.

Siri Shortcuts is one of the better options for automating emails in 2023.

1 Like