UI Browser Users Group

Hey Folks,

I got together with the developer of UI Browser, and we finally started a users group.

Here’s the announcement from the man himself.

-ccs

Chris Stone and I have set up the UI Browser Users Group on Yahoo Groups.

Join the group at:

groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/uibrowser/info

The group is intended for discussion of the Accessibility API and GUI Scripting on macOS using the UI Browser application from PFiddlesoft, at pfiddlesoft.com/uibrowser.

Bill Cheeseman

6 Likes

HI, would you know where they have gone. See announcement. Thank you. I am trying to learn UI Browser and all I can find is @Dan Thomas' excellent but short youtube video.
thank you very much

I suppose you mean this from the Yahoo site:

Attention: Starting December 14, 2019 Yahoo Groups will no longer host user created content on its sites.

IMO, that is no big loss. Yahoo Groups is one of the worst forums on the Internet.

IAC, I'm not sure how good of a place that was to learn UI Browser. I never use it myself.

IMO, the owner of UI Browser needs to open up his own forum, like a Discourse forum, to properly support his product. But being a one-man shop, he may not have the resources.

So, at this point I would follow the instructions on the UI Browser support page:

For detailed instructions and more information about using UI Browser, launch UI Browser and choose Help > UI Browser Help. If you have questions that aren't answered in the Help book or on this website, send email to us at support@pfiddlesoft.com.

I have found UI Browser to be one of those tools, which has a very unique UI, which is best learned by experimentation, trial and error.

So, I'd do just that, and if you can't figure out how to do something, send an email to support@pfiddlesoft.com asking for help.

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. It is very disappointing and frustrating.
I saw your excellent video → became enthusiastic → bought UI Browser and now realize that I get stuck every project I take on.
Please note that it is obviously totally my fault. You can't help being brilliant !
Just as an example
. following your example, I change the settings of settings → keyboard → dictation ON OFF, but the script will only run when setting is open and the dictation tab itself is open.
. the primary reason I bought UI browser is to complete forms which could not be successfully completed with KBM (even with Peter's most recent macros).
I am not asking for your help on these 2 points. Yes I can email support but at the rate things are going, it seems rather futile. I am not going to email 5 times a day.
thanks again very much for your video and your post above.

apart from Reddit, what are the best places to get help with Apple Script ?
thank you

what are the best places to get help with Apple Script ?

Old fashion mailing list: AppleScript-Users Info Page

Forum: https://macscripter.net

Doug has great examples: Doug's AppleScripts » dougscripts.com

Sal: https://www.macosxautomation.com/

1 Like

My favorite go-to place for AppleScript help is the Script Debugger Forum.

While its primary focus is obviously SD support, they welcome and respond to general questions about AppleScript and ASObjC.

2 Likes

thank you very much Jim

1 Like

I will give it a try. Thanks again for your help

1 Like

Hey Folks,

Bill Cheeseman in his infinite wisdom decided to close down the UI Browser User List for lack of interest.

If anyone wants to revive it I suggest https://groups.io/

-Chris

1 Like