Using KM on different size screens

I use KM mostly on my desktop Mac. I would also like to use the macros I've developed there on my MacBook Air. However, they often don't work on the latter because the screen is much smaller.

Is there any easy way, short of adjusting each macro individually, to get them to work on a smaller screen?

There are quite a few ways of accomplishing this. Here are a few existing topics on the forum about this:

1. Same macro on different home/work computer - Questions & Suggestions - Keyboard Maestro Discourse
  2. Single macro running different actions based on which computer it's triggered - Questions & Suggestions - Keyboard Maestro Discourse

Basically, you can use the MacUUID token, SCREEN function or something similar in a Switch or Case action or If Then Else action to do different things depending on which computer you’re on.

-Chris

The answer to that part is basically, no.

For macros you write from here out, you can avail yourself of the SCREEN function to ensure your macros work with various screen size changes, but if you have not created your macro in a way that ensures it works with variable screen sizes, then Keyboard Maestro cannot do it for you.

In addition to the above, use things like browser JavaScript, application Menu commands, and AppleScript where possible to avoid using actions that refer to pixels.

1 Like