Various Methods for Displaying KM Variables and Data

Here's the approach I've been using for some time, which includes the two Display Variable actions mentioned in this thread. It creates the actions by pasting their xml (rather than using Favourites), so it's a little slicker to use and requires no setup.

2 Likes

I’ve created a new macro that supersedes Insert⇨Actions to Display a Macro Variable.

2 Likes

This looks great! The only issue I have is that I don't have physical Fn keys, so I'd need to change the triggers, and that seems like quite an undertaking. I may take the time to look into doing that in the next few days. Excited to give it a go!

1 Like

Just in case this is the old "MacBook Pro with Touchbar" limitation -- holding down the Fn key should get you F1 through F12 in the Touchbar, and I'm assuming those still work with modifiers keys...

Not as handy as "real" keys, but would let you try @_jims's macro to see if it's worth changing the triggers to suit your preferences.

2 Likes

I did have a try and the Touchbar keys aren't great with multiple taps. I'll persevere though!

2 Likes

Hi, @noisneil. I created and use this on my 16" MBPro (Intel) with a Touch Bar and have no problems invoking multiple taps. Note that you can hold down Fn as you multiple tap F2.

2 Likes

Note that I've updated the aforementioned macro, Insert Action to Check Variable(s), to Version 3.2.

1 Like