Verizon Online Email Problems

Verizon Online’s anti-spam system is currently blocking all email from the forum. I asked for it to be whitelisted, but that was bounced because Verizon say the site does not have a reverse DNS entry, which it does. Digital Ocean have confirmed there is no issue with the DNS, and that they are trying to get Verizon Online to resolve the matter. But if you are a Verizon Online user, please note that you will currently not get any email messages from the forum you might be expecting, and you may want to complain to them that they need to figure out their broken anti-spam system.

Sorry for any hassles - normally I just ignore broken ISPs, but this would seem to be affecting a fair number of folks.

I tried again to have it whitelisted and verizononline response now is “Your IP has been blocked because of spam issues or because your ISP indicates that it is dynamically assigned.”. The IP is as static as can be.

So unless Verizon Online customers complain to their support system, I doubt I can do anything further about it.

Looks like this sort of stupidity now applies to hotmail.com/outlook.com and others.

Not sure what I can do about it. I tried setting up mandrill to send email, but could not get the configuration of the DNS correct to make it work. Sigh. Ahh well, if your ISP chooses to block legitimate email to you, then it is kind of your responsibility to harass them to resolve it.