Volume control by integer

Hi everyone,

This is a macro that allows you to adjust the volume of your mac by typing in an integer. You get options from 0 to 100, so it's pretty accurate and it's a lot nicer than opening it in terminal - IMHO.

I didn't know that you could use the shift, option f11/12 to adjust the volume by quarters before I made this macro. However, I believe that mine is still far more precise than the system's so I'll post it here. It's stupidly simple, but I was always bothered by how little I could control the system. Obviously, feel free to change the hotkey or do anything else you want to improve this. In theory, you can use a slider yourself, but that defeats the point of the macro.

Also, let me know, how to better post my macros - never done that before.

Update to v2: I added an applescript, so that when you change the volume manually with your keyboard, etc. the variable gets updated in the user input box

Current version:
Vol v2.kmmacros (3.4 KB)

Old versions
v1: Volume Control.kmmacros (2.7 KB)

Nice work! The only thing you're missing here is an image of the macro, which you can get from the Edit > Copy As > Copy as Image menu item.

Also, with KM8+ it's a nice trick to pass parameters to the macro when using Trigger Macro by Name. I modified your macro for my own use to be able to call it by name with vol//20 etc., to set the volume to 20%, or to call up a prompt if I don't suply an integer.

1 Like

@cfriend: Thanks! I like your version a lot. Would you just post the finished product so I can use it too?

Sure! The only thing different between yours and mine is the parameters bit, and using local variables.

Adjust Volume.kmmacros (5.7 KB)