Web Page Contents to System Clipboard?

This will work if I select the web page before running the macro but otherwise is fails.

Test Macro (v10.2)

Test.kmmacros (21 KB)

Presumably Safari needs to be at the Web page you want to copy? It works for me in all cases unless Safari has been minimized. In which case checking this box fixes that:

A few things I noticed in your Macro:

Having this Action at the start isn't going to do much. It is just making the Clipboard have empty contents. If you want to make the contents of the Clipboard plain text after you have copied the Safari page, you need to put the Action later in your Macro, once the Clipboard has the contents you want to make plain text.

Normally the shortcut to select all is ⌘A rather than ⌃A but I assume that you have it different on your system? I prefer to use the Keyboard Maestro Action that selects the actual menu item.

Keyboard Maestro has a built in "Copy" Action which avoids you having to add pauses to the Macro.

Here is a version that is working for me (assuming you want to make the Clipboard contents plain text - otherwise just disable or delete the Magenta Action).

Test v2.00.kmmacros (21.2 KB)

Click to Show Image of Macro

Thanks

With your help I was able to get it working.