Which action to Send Later with Apple Mail?

Ventura 13.6
KM 11.0

Which action could I use to Send an email Later ie schedule at which date and time the email is sent. It's the button next to the Send button

The button is called Schedule to send message

2023-10-31_14-08-43

What I tried and did not work. 3 actions below which I obviously tried separately.

thanks very much for your time and help

You should be able to use the Press a Button action with the Show Menu option I believe.

2 Likes

I posted because it does not work, as per action 3 shown above.

I rewrote the action as per your instructions

I double checked the name and spelling of the button (flyover below)

KM Engine Log (macro is just called Send Later)

2023-10-31 15:45:47 Execute macro “Send Later” from trigger Macro Set Palette
2023-10-31 15:45:47 Action 15229841 failed: Press Button “Schedule to send message” failed to find button
2023-10-31 15:45:47 Press Button “Schedule to send message” failed to find button. Macro “Send Later” cancelled (while executing Show Menu of Button “Schedule to send message”).

thank you @peternlewis

CleanShot 2023-10-31 at 15.48.48@2x

If you can’t figure out a native KM way to do this, the following AppleScript works for me (I’m on KM11 and Ventura).

tell application "Mail" to activate
tell application "System Events"
	tell application process "Mail"
		click menu button 1 of group 1 of group 1 of toolbar 1 of window 1
		repeat until exists menu item "Send Later…" of menu 1 of group 1 of toolbar 1 of window 1
			delay 0.1
		end repeat
		click menu item "Send Later…" of menu 1 of group 1 of toolbar 1 of window 1
	end tell
end tell
2 Likes

The below works for me (KM11 and macOS Ventura)

Send Later....kmmacros (18.7 KB)

Click to Show Image of Macro

The button ID seems to be "sendLater"

I found this by making a new blank email, keeping this as the front window in Mail and using the new KM11 "Scan Front Window of:" in the Press a Button Action:

4 Likes

works perfectly. thanks very much !

I did not know about that feature of the press button action. Funny thing: sendLater is missing.
thank you very much

I've only learnt how to do this today. It scans only the front window of the Application so, you need to have the front Window as a Mail Message for that button to be found by KM.

2 Likes

thank you @Zabobon @cdthomer @peternlewis

@cdthomer ' script worked very well but I preferred in this case to stick to the KM option.

For the benefit of less savvy forum members like me, I wrote this little synopsis because the procedure is not obvious IMO.

1. display front window of app which contains button
  2. identify the button menu item name
  3. add Press Button action
    1. in the Press Button action, click on press button named dropdown list
    2. select Show menu of button named:
    3. click on the button drop down list top right of action
    4. choose app
    5. click on rescan front window
    6. click on button menu item name or similar

2023-10-31_19-05-27

2 Likes

Glad to help, and kudos for writing up the walkthrough.

Somebody marked my post as the solution, but feel free to unmark it and mark a different post as the solution if you’d like since you went the native KM route.

1 Like

Just so we're clear on this, the tooltip text is not the name or description of the button (it might be the same, but it is not generally).

on third thought, I prefer your solution which goes directly to the send later ... button menu item. Other solutions simply display the button menu.
Yes I could follow the button menu action with down arrows and enter on the correct menu item, but it's not as elegant as your solution

1 Like