Which trigger to execute macro only once on specific date / time

Hello, I know that time of day and the periodic triggers, but how do I trigger a macro one time only on a specific date.
thank you for your time and help

Cron Trigger

2 Likes

Thank you. The trigger is periodic. I wonder if there is a way to add a 'disable macro' action at the end so it does not repeat

A Cron Trigger can be periodic. For example,10:00 on the 5th day of every month. However, you asked for a specific date which is what a cron trigger can also do. For example, a Cron trigger can run at 11:30 am on September 16th, 2019 as well. This would run once. Have you tried it yet?

KC

1 Like

Now I understand ! thanks to your help. Works perfectly. I was a bit confused, and the documentation does not give a specific date as an example.
Thank you very much for your help and patience.

A suggestion for the grand master @peternlewis : in the Cron Trigger documentation, perhaps add an example of a one time execution of a macro at a specific time and date. I receive a gazillion calendar reminders every day. Using the KBM Cron Trigger as kindly explained by @kcwhat, I can create urgent reminders which flash on my screen in a large window, and I am forced to click on OK to continue working. Thank you

2 Likes

Well, the none on April 1st one is pretty close. I have added:

• 30 8 17 Apr * 2019 — triggers at 8:30am on 17 April, 2019.
1 Like

thank you Peter