Why are TAB Keystrokes Moving the Focus So Far Down a FireFox Video Player?

[Moderator's Edit: 2019-09-22 21:38 GMT-5. Revise OP based on correction issued below]

The clicking action [Move Mouse and Click] is working because the video plays. After this click action I have 4 tabs that are supposed to tab over to the timeline of the player (so I can play and pause by tapping space bar on the keyboard).

But strangely it would tab way down the page which caused the page to scroll down. What I don't understand is: If the video played it means the click worked but then how do you explain the tabs tabbing way down the page? Very strange.

I even added a 0.5 sec pause right after the prompt by it makes no difference.

I also deleted all my variables following the suggestion on this post but it failed again on the second try right after I had cleared all the variables.

I've uploaded my macro in case someone's interested in taking a look:

Check captions in FF.kmmacros (14.1 KB) .

Thanks for reading.

If this is the Move and Click Action that you are referring to

then yes, I do have an idea.

Most likely the object you want to click on is NOT in the same relative position as you have set in the Action. Is it possible that you have the window zoom at a different level than used when setting the target?

Since this is unreliable, I'd suggest

1. Make sure the location you provide is in the CENTER of the target object.
    OR
  2. Use a Found Image as the reference point.

Actually I was wrong. The clicking action [is] working because the video plays. After this click action I have 4 tabs that are supposed to tab over to the timeline of the player (so I can play and pause by tapping space bar on the keyboard). But strangely it would tab way down the page which caused the page to scroll down. What I don't understand is: If the video played it means the click worked but then how do you explain the tabs tabbing way down the page? Very strange.

So, please revise your topic title to reflect your actual issue/question.

I don't know. I can't really help you, because I don't try to automate FireFox, when Chrome (& Chrome-based browsers) and Safari are easily scriptable and automated.

I don't know either, but I consider it very dangerous to have any macro trigger from a keystroke without starting the action with a semaphore. Because if you click twice then two copies can run concurrently and that generally messes things up. I can't imagine why you would want two concurrent copies running so I urge you to start your macro with a Semaphore Lock and then see if the problem disappears.

Done.