Why Did My Periodic Trigger Macro Quit Working?

I have a macro that I've been using for the past couple of years and during the last several months, it has failed to work.

I pay my bills on the first of every month and this macro basically forces me to stop and pay my bills.

I disable the macro while I pay my bills and activate another macro that reminds me to reactivate the previously deactivated macro on the next day (or any day that has a date other than the 1st of the month).

Can anyone give me a clue as to why this has stopped working?

Thanks for any help.

Macro Image

Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 11.26.07 AM

First things first -- do you still have a volume called "iMac '17" (and check that there's a dumb quote in the name!), and is the macro actually triggering (check the Engine log, available via the KM Editor's "Help" menu then "Open Logs Folder")?

1 Like

I realize you didn't ask but here's a different approach that avoids a few problems:

Payment Reminder Macro (v10.2)

Payment Reminder.kmmacros (1.9 KB)

Keyboard Maestro Export

3 Likes

Thanks so much for the help. I've played around with the macro and have used a combination of both replies. I didn't need to have my iMac hard drive mounted as this macro only works when the computer is on. I've also added a cron entry that will activate the message display every 3 minutes on the first day of the month. Again, thanks so much for the help.

1 Like