Why "Select Menu" acting strange?

Hello everyone,

I'm having trouble with Keyboard Maestro's "Select Menu" feature, and I'm unsure why.

When I try to use the keystroke I set up for it in a new project, Keyboard Mastero tells me it can't find "New Alternatives" in Logic's menu.

However, if I click "File" in the menu bar and then use the same keystroke, it works perfectly. Does anyone know how to fix this issue? It would be beneficial, especially when I want to save my projects as an alternative right away.

Thank you!

Logic has a strange habit of not making its menu items available until the parent menu is clicked. As a result, if you toggle the Library pane open and then test for whether either Show Library or Hide Library exists, KM will still see Show Library until you click the View menu. TL;DR: Logic's menus are finicky.

I've tested your Select menu item action and it works for me. Go figure. However, I have, in the past, resorted to this kind of thing (below) as a workaround. It clicks the parent menu, dismisses it, and then interacts with it again. I'm not sure, but perhaps it might help in this instance too.

Give it a go and see how you get on.

Hey,

Thank you for your assistance. Unfortunately, the solution you provided did not work for me. Logic cannot detect the "File" with an empty menu item, as shown in your picture. Therefore, I had to resort to a more challenging approach, which functions correctly now.

Cheers

Save Project As Alternative Macro (v10.2)

Save Project As Alternative.kmmacros (8.7 KB)

I suspect the problem could be connected to my preference for hiding the menu bar. It’s likely that the “logic” is sensitive to this, as you mentioned before. Despite that, I’m grateful for your help with this issue.

I suspect so too. Presumably, it isn't enough to move the mouse to show the menu bar, pause briefly, and then use the Select menu item action as usual...?