###Wiki: Getting Started vs Quick Start
I think there is some confusion here, or at least I am confused.
The Home Page [Keyboard Maestro Wiki] has links to both:
###Where is a New Keyboard Maestro User Supposed to Start?
If I'm a newbie, both of these sound much the same to me, so there's no clear direction.
However, IMO, neither page is complete, or needs improvement:
- It does reference and provide a link to Quick Start, but will the user actually go there?
- It has some good stuff, but then there are sections titled by the author, neither of whom I've ever heard of, nor see active in the forums.
- We don't do this on any other page, so first of all this content needs to be seamlessly integrated with the other (or maybe just removed).
- Quick Start
###I haven't come to any conclusions yet, but these are my current thoughts I'm putting out for your comment:
- Remove Quick Start and highlight those terms in the Glossary.
- Rewrite the Getting Starting, factoring in my comments above.
BTW, I have a "Getting Started" list I got from one of Peter's posts, and then added a few mods. Some of this is already in the Wiki Getting Started.
Getting Started with Keyboard Maestro
- Read the Quick Start.
- This is essential to become familiar with KM terminology
- Do the tutorial (Help ➤ Tutorial) in the KM Editor.
- Gives you a live walkthrough of creating a macro in the KM Editor
- Review/Browse the Available Macro Actions
- For Help with an Action in your Macro, click on the gear icon at the top right of the Action, and select "Help"
- Search the Keyboard Maestro Wiki for detailed help.
- Start small, and grow your macros organically.
- Be prepared for some trial and error in the beginning.
- Make good use of this Keyboard Maestro Forum
- Search for existing macros
- Post your questions/issues if you get stuck