###Clipboards [Keyboard Maestro Wiki]

###Primary Changes:

• Some reorganization
  • Added section on “Paste from History”

Looks good.

Watch any trailing space in the text - if you have a section like:

some text.{space}{space}

some text.

The silly wiki renders it without a line break which ends up with two paragraphs adjacent without the normal break between then which looks really weird.

Speaking of which, I’ve noticed a lot of uses of \\ at the end of lines in the line which does the same thing. I’m going around removing most of them because most of them just have two paragraphs with no break, and should be eitgher one single paragraph or two paragraphs, but not one and a half. If you see any of these, please remove them (except in rare instances where they actually make sense).

I'm not sure if I understand exactly what you are referring to. Maybe if you could point to an example it would be clear.

Having said that, this may be a matter of style. I have used the \\ to force a line break where I thought it was needed to improve readability. Personally, I dislike long paragraphs, so I often try to put things into lists, which I find much more readable, and faster to comprehend.

Here is one:

https://wiki.keyboardmaestro.com/Actions#Plugin_Actions

Keyboard Maestro also supports user-defined Actions, which are called **//Plug In Actions//**.\\
For details on creating, installing, and using, see 

In this case, they should either be two paragraphs:

Keyboard Maestro also supports user-defined Actions, which are called **//Plug In Actions//**.

For details on creating, installing, and using, see:

or one paragraph:

Keyboard Maestro also supports user-defined Actions, which are called **//Plug In Actions//**.  For details on creating, installing, and using, see:

I agree with that. It is just these half broken paragraphs that grate for me. It looks like broken word wrapping.

OK, this is definitely a style preference. As it currently is with use of the \\ to force the start of a new line, I use that style anytime I am going to show a list. The new line serves as the title for the list.

Here is how it looks, and I like it, and prefer it.

However, if this style really rubs you the wrong way, feel free to change it to be separate paragraphs, like this, and I'll live with it. :wink:

It does, sorry, thanks.

The style is fine for cases where it starts a list (ie, lines that end in a colon ), but the wiki typically ignores it in those cases which reduces it's value. It's also fine within a table.

OK, I'll follow your style in all future changes I make to the Wiki.

1 Like