Wiki Update: Remote Trigger

Submitted for your review, comment, and/or revision, the following Wiki article has been updated:

Remote Trigger

Primary Changes:

1. Major rewrite, especially the "Caution" section
  2. Add screenshots
  3. Add sections for TOC

@peternlewis, please review the "Caution" section to make sure I did not misinterpret anything.

1 Like

Looks good to me.

1 Like

Keyboard Maestro 8 introduces the Remote trigger that lets you trigger a macro from anywhere on the Internet.

I understand from the Wiki how to enable (or declare) the Remote Trigger in the macro to be triggered, but I'm not clear how to invoke the Remote Trigger from "anywhere on the internet"

Would it be possible to also show examples use of the Remote Trigger from elsewhere on the internet?

In the Remote trigger, click the Copy button, and it will copy the URL required. Paste it in to Safari, use it with the “/bin/open” command, or the Open a URL action, or access it any other way.

@peternlewis and @KM_Panther, I have updated the KM Wiki using Peter's statement.
Please review for accuracy and clarity.

How To Invoke Remote Trigger

1 Like

JMichaelTX,

I'm sure I speak for many KM users when I tell you I greatly appreciate your contributions of KM macros and the Wiki updates! The "How To Invoke Remote Trigger" addition is indeed accurate, clear and helpful.

I have been troubleshooting using a Remote Trigger to invoke a KM macro from an iOS shortcut and was challenged by 1) my lack of recognition and understanding of encoding (e.g. %20) required in the URL and 2) failed attempts to insert & use the same hot key trigger (e.g. ⌃⌥S) as used on the macOS side as part of the TriggerValue sent from the iOS side. In other words, how to get the "Control Option S" added to the Remote Trigger URL.

My usage case may have limited appeal or relevance to others and I'm not sure this the correct place to raise it. Additionally, I know every time you add something to the Wiki, there's potential to generate more questions, but I was wondering if you (or Peter) might be able to either speak to these issues or address them in the Wiki?

2 Likes