Youtube URL is not working

I have an action that I would like to directly to my youtube library. I use the "Open URL" action and put the link directly into the box (see image). It doesn't do anything (except turn red in the gear icon). I'm flummoxed because I use this action with all kinds of other websites (like Airtable, facebook creator studio, google drive, just to name a few).

Is this is a limitation of youtube somehow? Any suggestions on work arounds? Something I need to do on my end?

Hey @jeremy,

What's it supposed to do?

Post the actual URL, so we can test.

-Chris

It is supposed to open up directly to youtube studio for the different channels I am a part of. It seems I can copy the URL from the original screen shot and remove anything after /videos/, I can get to the channel I am currently signed into, but if I try and use another channels link, I get an error. I'm thinking that this is a youtube link issue and not a keyboard maestro issue.

I'll put the link below, and maybe it'll be helpful, but it should lead to a sign in page, which doesn't do much good. I will have to do some more research into how Youtube or Google uses direct links to different areas of an account.

The confusing part to me is why Keyboard maestro isn't even doing anything.

https://studio.youtube.com/channel/UCzW1ke6fKJWtAHZym3YeePg/videos/upload?filter=%5B%5D&sort=%7B%22columnType%22%3A%22date%22%2C%22sortOrder%22%3A%22DESCENDING%22%7D

Most likely.

Please let us know if you figure it out.

-Chris

I don't know if this is it or not, but I think I've seen something similar if there is a space at the beginning or end of the URL in the "Open URL" field.

Assuming no other solution is found, the process could be replicated using other Keyboard Maestro Actions.

On my older Mac with an older Mac OS X, this worked without adding any Pause actions, but some may be necessary on other setups.