Automating Salesforce Opp/Quote Creation

Hi there, I am attempting to create a macro that will be able to create a new salesforce object on any account. However, I am finding no matter how limited I make the trigger, I'll end up on the wrong page entirely or the script won't run.

I'm very new to KM so I was using the record feature to try to select, scroll, etc. through the workflow, however I think because I'm working in salesforce I think the directions are not consistent and the script ends up clicking/selecting the wrong link.

Any help would be extremely appreciated!

Hey Ashley,

If you haven't read this it's worth a couple of minutes of your time.

Tip: How Do I Get The Best Answer in the Shortest Time?

For next time:

No one knows what what salesforce is except you, and you haven't provided a reference.

No one knows it's a web service.

No one knows what web browser you're using, which is very important in such cases.

People generally won't help you if you don't sufficiently explain the workflow you're trying to create.

People on this form are very helpful if you make it easy for them to help you.

Recording with Keyboard Maestro is generally worthless in creating a working, finished workflow – you have to know what you're doing and edit the junk out of the recorded macro – then you often have to add more focused actions for various steps.

Recording can be very helpful in learning to use KM and/or to get started creating a macro.

Clicking and scrolling in applications is very subjective and dependent upon a stable initial state, so this sort of action is generally unreliable.

Without having a salesforce account and being able to directly test, it will be difficult to help you.

Most sophisticated automation in web browsers requires the use of JavaScript. Do you know any JavaScript?

There are various workarounds using a web browser's find function, Keyboard Maestro's Set Find Pasteboard action, and Found Image conditions, and a few other techniques.

You have to realize too that Keyboard Maestro works with the macOS User-Interface and that generally does NOT include UI that's built in a web page.

So – you've picked a somewhat complicated job to start out with. :wink:

If you can post images or movies (on YouTube) that show your workflow, it will be easier to help you.

Taking a quick look at the salesforce UI on Google Images I think you might be able to accomplish quite a bit using the click at Found Image condition, but it's hard to say without more complete knowledge of what your'e doing.

-Chris