Can KBM trigger a Popclip action?

Hello,
There is a popclip action that I like: nice display of translation of selected text, right under the cursor, which disappears as soon as the cursor moves. Very convenient in terms of workflow.
Is there any way to create a macro to access that action. If I can create a macro, I could create a shortcut.
thanks

Hey @ronald,

PopClip has some very basic AppleScript support, so you can select some text and run a macro to make the PopClip User-Interface appear:

tell application "PopClip"
   appear
end tell

Beyond that you're stuck with using a Click at Found Image action as far as I can see.

I've verified that the script works.

I have not actually tried the Click at Found Image action, but I'd expect it to work.

One pitfall is the PopClip UI can change opacity on you, and that can play havoc with found image actions.

So. I think you can get some functionality by using Keyboard Maestro to automate some sequences at this time.

But – I would ask the PopClip developer to expose all the available commands to AppleScript.

I don't think that would be especially difficult, and it would substantially expand the flexibility/power of his product.

-Chris

1 Like

thanks very much.
I read a comment on the Internet to the effect that Popclip integrates very well with BTT, but could not find any further info on how to trigger specific popclip actions with BTT.
Would you have any idea ?
thanks again

– I would ask the PopClip developer to expose all the available commands to AppleScript.

I will ask the developer and how you know

Hey @ronald,

I'm afraid not. I don't use either of them.

-Chris

1 Like