Suggestion: a repertory action of forum discussions

@peternlewis

Most of my KBM more complex macros were downloaded from the forum or in many cases, created at my request by extremely kind and generous forum members.

I often revise macros a few months or years after they were created , and find myself searching in the forum for those discussions which prompted the creation or modification of the macro at the time I downloaded it.

Suggestion: it would be nice to have an action which would create a repertory of URL discussions of interest. I am NOT suggesting an action which would search the forum and create a compilation of forum discussions. I am simply suggesting an action which would allow me to repertory those discussions of interest to me in an action within the macro. I could perhaps simply enter the discussion number and the action would create a clickable URL.

Example: yesterday I asked about Popclip , CCStone very kindly suggested an apple script which I incorporated into a macro.

The discussion is located at:
URL: Can KBM trigger a Popclip action?

It would be nice if I could include in the macro, an action in which I would enter the number 11156, which would automatically be converted to the above URL within the list of macro actions (not when I run the macro). The discussion leaves some questions open, which I will surely address in the future when Popclip upgrades.

thanks very much for considering my suggestion

I have a macro that deals with this. It gets all the forum post ref info which I paste into a KM Comments Action, which I add to the downloaded macro. Now that we can script the KM Editor, I plan to fully automate this.

So, for your post, it would generate this:

REFERENCE:

This macro built in response to this topic/post:

Topic Title: Suggestion: a repertory action of forum discussions
URL: https://forum.keyboardmaestro.com/t/suggestion-a-repertory-action-of-forum-discussions/11170

Date: 2018-08-10
Author: ronald

4 Likes

fantastic !