Can’t add zipped macro file by dropping onto engine icon

I tried multiple times to add a submitted macro. Dragging the zip file over the Engine icon did nothing. I unzipped the folder, and all items seemed fine. I rezipped and tried again. No luck. I quit and restarted KM. No change. I shut down my Mac, and the problem still exists. Any ideas?

What “Engine icon”?

Drag the .zip file to the Keyboard Maestro.app icon (in the Dock or in the Applications folder).

But macros are not normally .ziped (plugin actions are, as are status menu items). But not macros, they are normally just in .kmmacros files.

A couple of my submitted macros are .zip files because they have components that must be copied to places Keyboard Maestro doesn’t necessarily know about, like the BBEdit text filters directory.

But those .zipped macros can’t be installed by dragging them over the Keyboard Maestro icon.

Mine have a ReadMe.txt file in them that explains how to install them. Perhaps your .zip file contains documentation, too?

As you have correctly described these "zipped macros" are not zipped macros, they are ordinary ZIP archives that contain macros. So I would just unzip the archive and install the contained (and now unzipped) .kmmacros files by double-clicking them.

Install the remaining files according to the instructions in the ReadMe.

The instructions said: in the OS X toolbar. I assumed he meant menubar.
The Dock is not a toolbar.

Greg T

In OS X / macOS terminology the only "Toolbar" I know is the toolbar of a window:

But, since OS X / macOS does not appear in a window, this doesn't make much sense.

Posting the link to the bizarre zip archive (or uploading it) would be useful to clarify things, I think.