Change Stream Deck profile from macro

Feature Request: I would love to be able to change the stream deck profile from a macro. I don't know of a way to do it any other way than to write my own plugin.

1 Like

Same here. I would love to be able to do this as a KM action, since I can't use Streamdeck's Multi Action function with the Keyboard Maestro action and a Switch Profile action

1 Like

+1 for this, I'd love this feature.

While we wait for this to be implemented :slight_smile:
does anybody know of a way to change the profile on the stream deck via the command line? the SDK seems to need a plugin

I've asked the StreamDeck folks - I have no idea how I could change profiles.

Thanks for the suggestions. Currently only the 'Switch Profile' action can let you switch from one profile to another profile. It is also possible to use a 'Switch Profile' action inside a Multi Action.

It is currently not possible to change the profile via the command line or AppleScript.
We do have an API in the Stream Deck SDK to let a plugin switch to another profile ( https://developer.elgato.com/documentation/stream-deck/sdk/events-sent/#switchtoprofile ) but this API at this moment only support preconfigured profiles built in a plugin. So you can't use it to switch to a random profile.

1 Like

Based on that, it's had to imagine an elegant solution. I can think of some really bad ones though :slight_smile:

Q: for @Timac.. So, maybe in the future we might see the capability via the API to switch to a 'named' profile?

Another 'hack' is that I can write my own plugin that embeds a profile and can switch to that via an external trigger.

One 'hack' would indeed consist of creating your own plugin containing a predefined profile.

Stream Deck obviously lacks a proper solution for this problem. We will try to come up with a solution in a future version.

1 Like

Fantastic! Thank you