Select Matching Stream Deck Profiles Using Bartender

As has been previously noted, there does not currently appear to be a way to directly and programmatically select a particular Stream Deck profile. There are several workarounds to that, but I just wanted to see if I could make it work with Bartender automation.

The macro allows the selection of one or more matching Stream Deck profiles across multiple matching Stream Deck devices within a split second using the Stream Deck menu bar menu.

This is a similar (and less elegant) solution than some of the others - and @Fokke's neat AppleScript solution also uses Stream Deck's menu bar menu but much more simply and reliably via AppleScript UI scripting.

Download the "Select matching Stream Deck profiles" macro (18 KB)

Show the macro

Subroutines used

Select A Menu Bar Item Using Bartender

See Select A Menu Bar Item Using Bartender.

Check Stream Deck is installed and running

Download "Check Stream Deck is installed and running" macro (6.9 KB)

Show the macro

This calls Check that an application is installed.

1 Like

Hi Steve
Yes, recently i also bought Bartender and managed to make KM switch the SD profiles. Your macro looks interesting and i have to have a closer look at it to see your routine.

1 Like

Thanks! I enjoyed making the Press sequence of keys subroutine and working out how to match particular devices using a text map of the SD menu bar. All slightly excessive, but I enjoyed the journey :laughing:

Best wishes,
Steve

I use the blank trigger app method, as it's snappier and less visually obtrusive. However, I did explore this option a while back and, as I only have one SD, I found that all I needed was this:

This uses Bartender 4's built-in shortcut support:

1 Like

Thanks, Neil - individual hot keys looks much simpler!
And I'm just setting up blank trigger apps now... :wink:

1 Like

... and I've now added my own take on the dummy/blank app method here.