Click at Found Image in AREA of Front Window

@appleianer That's so cool! It's kinda hard to tell from the video, but I think I have a slightly different objective here, which is to define a search area for the found image within a window. The window can then move around the screen but the search area follows it. I think that second set of macros (image to path and display image from path) is one I might have had a hand in. Looks so slick how you use it. I never use palettes as I have a Stream Deck, but you're making me wanna!

Ok so I found a way to do it! I just saved the Get FrontWindow Left and Top group as a favourite and loaded it before running your script! So neat!!

Screenshot

Do you happen to know how to use keyboard shortcuts to select the group that a selected action is in, in the KM editor? If I knew that, I'd be able to also group them and rename the group! I can use the up and down arrows to select different actions within a group, but how do I select the group itself?

@appleianer What's this?

Pasted_Image_21_03_2022__20_53

@noisneil this is my assigned name for the favorite action.

@noisneil I don't know if you understand you correctly. I select a macro group like this, then rename it:

2022_03_21_Support_5

01)Rename <3402 220321T222214>.kmmacros (46,9 KB)

Click to show image

01)Rename <3402 220321T222214>

Sorry, I don't understand. What is the favourite action? Is it just an empty Click at Found Image action?

I meant the group of actions in a macro. When one action is selected in a group, I can use the up and down arrows to move to the action above or below, but I don't know which keystrokes to use to select the actual group they're in.
Keyboard_Maestro_Editor_โ€”_zz_TEST

@noisneil ok, you mean it like this:

2022_03_21_Support_1

Rename Group <8C7B 220321T232602>.kmmacros (18,9 KB)

Click to show image

Rename Group <8C7B 220321T232602>

No... I know how to rename a group.

I don't know how you make a gif like that... or upload it here... so I'll have to attach a video.
1.mov.zip (121.0 KB)

See how I'm using the arrows to move up and down? How do I select the group that holds the actions without using the mouse?

@noisneil I create a favorite action in which the first input field (here 0) is marked and later appears activated when used:

2022_03_21_Support_2

After I take a screenshot, KM is re-enabled and the repaet action (tab) then allows pasting it.

2022-03-21_23-53-15

Ah ok yeah thought so. Seriously, I'd like to know how you're making those gifs. They look so nice!

@noisneil sorry, just noticed that if you are in the group you can rename it like this:

2022_03_22_Support_3

Nooooooooo..... :joy:

I know how to rename a group! Haha. This is too funny!

I'm trying to SELECT the group without using the mouse, when one of the actions INSIDE the group is currently selected.

(Also, how are you doing the gifs?!)

1 Like

@noisneil thanks to ScreenFlow I can quickly convert my screen recordings into GIF's. Of course optimized/automated with KM :wink:

Video

But there are also good tools like Gif Brewery, 3 or Gifski with which you can create GIFs.

2 Likes

@noisneil but now... 2 x โ‡งโ‡ฅ and then the rename action with a shortcut. This also works without a mouse.

2022_03_22_Support_2

1 Like

Thanks!

Get Area of Front Window (Auto).kmmacros (61.2 KB)

ScreenFlow

1 Like

When I add a favourite, it doesn't allow me to click in the field before saving, like you do in the gif. I'm guessing that's your own save favourite macro....?

I've ended up using a different method anyway and have edited the macro at the top of this thread.

Cheers for the suggestions! :pray:t3:

1 Like

@noisneil here is my macro for adding a favorite action (as shown in the gif above)

11)Add <E25B 220322T080902>.kmmacros (40,2 KB)

Click to show image

11)Add <E25B 220322T080902>

Thanks very much. I'll try it right away.

1 Like

@noisneil I changed the icons for actions/macros. Maybe you like it.

KM Shot Area Macros <F6F4 220322T083920>.kmmacros (139,8 KB)

I use the free SF-Symbols from Apple

Sometimes KM macro (conflict) palettes can be very helpful :wink:
Here is an example of ScreenFlow. I always have everything directly at the cursor. That saved a lot of time.

Video

1 Like

Thanks. Very kind of you to share. When I use it, it doesn't save the cursor position (in the coordinate field) like it does in your video. Weird. Also it only saves individual actions, not grouped actions. Never mind...

Really nice!

I tried them when I first got KM, but stopped when I got a Stream Deck. I can definitely see how they might be more useful in certain circumstances and you've inspired me to take a second look. :+1:t3:

Thanks for all your suggestions!

1 Like

@noisneil I adjusted your macros a bit for me.

Since I start the macros via a KM palette, after setting the favorite action, KM is minimized and the macro is paused so that I have time to look for my screenshot in the app etc.

2022-03-23_01-35-01

In the following gif I saved the screenshot once in the KM macro itself and once externally in a Finder folder.

2022_03_23_Support_1

1 Like

Yeah that makes sense. I have 3 screens and always have KM and the app I'm working with visible, so I don't worry about it. Your addition will probably make a lot of sense for most people. :+1:t3:

1 Like