Conditional Palettes

Hello everyone,

Here's what I'd like to do: I'd like to create a keyboard shortcut to display a palette for one action with a set of global macros. But, in addition, if I'm in a particular application, I'd like to add a series of macros specific to that application. Is this possible? I can do it with conditions and "Show Palette of Macros" but, in this case, since they are conflict palettes, I lose my triggers.

Any idea?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Hello @carycrusiau

First of all: Please be patient with me because I am not a pro in Using KM.
But I have to say that this can be done with a little bit of work .

As I am working on a similar solution for my self I can give you an Idea how to solve this.

1. be sure you choose a unique Shortcut for the App - in this example I choose the macOS Finder.
  • Example Shortcut : ⇧⌃⌥⌘F
  1. create the TriggerMacro using the provided shortcut as trigger for that.

2. create the Group or Palette with every Macro you want to use for your needs and give every Macro the same provided Shortcut as a trigger - otherwise you will have no results as conflict Palette.

• that was easy

Now it comes to the point where to put in a lot of effort - depending on your needs...

I will give you a shot of what I have done so far to sow you possibilities ...

the whole TriggerMacro

showing the MainSection of the TriggerMacro
Macro Part

this are the Groups/Palettes whose are triggered by my example Macro...
Bildschirmfoto 2020-07-12 um 13.03.51

I hope this can give you the help you needed ..

feel free to ask every time you have a question - I´ll do my very best to give you the answer.

Remember to choose the file(s) before triggering the macro.

greetings from Germany

Nr.5 :wink:

Yes.
This may not be exactly what you had in mind, but it is easy to create and maintain:

1. Greate one Macro Group for Each app with the macros you want on the pallet for that app.
    • Add a Macro (the same macro) that Shows Macros from #2.
  2. Create on Global Macro Group (I call it "Global Palette") for the global macros you want included in each app palette

So it looks like this:

Palette for A Specific App (Outlook in this case)

2020-09-01_20-17-28

Press "G" to show the Global Macros

2020-09-01_20-18-07

Here's the setup:

App Palette

Global Palette

Adapt as need to meet your specific needs/preferences.

Thank you both very much for your help. Although not quite what I was looking for, I like @JMichaelTX's suggestion quite well. I will study your two ideas in the next few days.

Thank you for your feedback @carycrusiau .

Of course @JMichaelTX has done a very good job here :+1: - that wasn't quite in my mind at the moment I created my post...

But I have something for you to keep in mind when you are going to study my idea.. it is in a very young state of development so that you will have to figure out how to improve it. Or Just Ask @JMichaelTX for help because I gave it to him another days ... maybe he hasn't deleted it ...

Of course I think there will be also a way to combine both solutions to one ...

that means

• create aliases to existing Macros on the Extension based Pallettes if you have some in other groups to have them at in this palette, too - and and create Macros only for use with this/these Palette(s) directly in the depending Group/Palette...

Am I right here @JMichaelTX ? - feel free to correct me if not ...:wink:

have a nice day

greetings from Germany

I'm not sure I understand your suggestion, but I'm sure there are many variations and different ways to solve this problem. Each person just needs to determine what works best for him/herself.