Custom Palette Style Colors?

I for one have fun with puns so I’ll run with it :wink:

Interesting direction to look from inside out. From macro creation to UI creates a UI dependency. Looking from outside in, from task to tool allows more UI flexibility and options.

Given the present “locate palette under cursor” option, would it take much to add a locate palettes with a x,y offset from cursor option? This would allow a fixed relationship of palette to cursor alleviating the disorientating spacial reshuffling that adding or deleting macros to a grid currently creates.

If that seems too chaotic, another option could be a few fixed grid options to plug individual palettes into.

Here's a thought:

Also, instead of a second ring, there could simply be one ring design of however many slots that keeps getting called when any item on the current ring is selected.

Ring-menu is not available in the US app store. I downloaded QS and the QS radial menu plugin but can't get it to open. It's from '07 and may not be working. Have you had success with it?

Thanks!

I have seen a radial menu with a Floating HTML Menu within BetterTouchTool.

With creativity and HTML, you can customize it to your needs.

1 Like

Usually I work with a vertical palette that contains sub macros @BernSh.
However, if it doesn't have to be round, a square suggestion would be :wink:

2019_06_01_Support_

@appleianer Damn fine suggestion, thank you!

I'd amend what you said to "With a certain coding understanding, creativity and HTML, you can customize it to your needs." Yes I agree. Thank you for putting the tools within reach. Excellent!!!

God, are the people here great! I am moved by the generosity demonstrated over and over again. Thank you again!

1 Like

I once used the template idea of BTT @BernSh and created a small radial menu with the help of a template from the internet and a lot of help from users of the KM Forum.

Thanks to the combination of KM and BTT this was possible:

2019_06_09_Support_

1 Like

At this location the word "for" is misspelled:

Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 5.35.26 AM

1 Like

There are some dark themes and some "first letter high contrast" themes, but none with both. So I created: "0,0,0, 36,3,40, 205,90,90"

Maybe I'd name it after my favorite obsidian theme Blue Topaz:

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 9.16.23 PM

2 Likes

I like it!

The last couple of years I've been teaching a lot of Accessibility/Section 508 Compliance in Web Design and Electronic Documents. WCAG contrast guidelines are a huge part of what I teach and remediate in org's documents. At one point, during one class, I showed off Keyboard Maestro (I show it off in a lot of classes, but this was specific) and realized that the color contrast for several themes is not accessible. For most themes it is though. Your high-contrast option just got me thinking about that.

1 Like

Sounds good, I'll look at adding it for a future version.

It seems reasonable that some but not most of the themes have insufficient contrast. Based on Apple’s behaviour, it seems there is a lot of folks who prefer inaccessible low contrast, so it is reasonable to have themes for those folks even if they aren't as usable as other themes.

2 Likes

Added for the next version.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Hi, I'm trying to figure out the color settings for the palette and I realize that there is a textured background behind it. Why and can we remove it?...