Keyboard Maestro 11 is out now, adding a New Macro Wizard, new Security preference pane, a keyboardmaestro command line tool, support for Apple Text Recognition, and new actions like Prompt For Snippet, Create Calendar Event, Send Pushover Notification, Select Menu by Name and many more.
Keyboard Maestro is a free upgrade is you purchased from us after March 1, 2023, and a paid upgrade if you purchased before then. Customers will be emailed the upgrade license or discounted upgrade details over the next few days or you can find your details at https://enquiry.stairways.com/.
Keyboard Maestro is not a subscription, so you are under no obligation to upgrade if the new features do not add value for you.
Version 11 extends the editor by adding a New Macro Wizard and new Security preference pane, and enhanced searching and syncing.
There is a new Space Changed trigger, and new trigger options for hot keys and device keys. Version 11 also adds support for using modifier taps in Typed String triggers.
There are lots of new actions including Prompt for Snippet, Create Calendar Event, Send Pushover Notification, Set Screen Resolution, Select Menu by Name, Remove Clipboard Flavors, Set Audio Device, Mute Audio Device, Get Location and more.
There are also lots of new options to existing actions, such as waiting for an image to appear and then clicking on it, more actions with progress bars, more options for pressing buttons and finding buttons in application windows, and many more.
There are a whole bunch of new tokens and functions for getting information about web browsers, document paths, application versions, screen resolutions, audio devices, clipboard flavors, and system information.
Plus there are new conditions and new filters and a bunch of minor tweaks and fixes.
Changed in 11.0
- Added New Macro Wizard to quickly make new macros.
- Added Security preference pane to sumarise the state and adjust the various system security settings.
- Added Macro Group synching option to Disable Macro Group on All Macs. (Request: New Group Creation Pref - "Disabled on this Mac" on all CPUs)
- Report if macros that are deleted are in use by other macros.
- Added deprecated: search string.
- Added action:1234 search string.
- Added word:wombat search string.
- Show Click Location in Quick Look view of images in Click at Found Image (contstant offsets only).
- Added “Do Not Ask Again” option to Evaluate Conditions alert.
- Added link to wiki Preferences in the General preferences settings.
- Support option-Return in AppleScript script fields to add “¬” character.
- Support text completion for Path fields.
macrosin AppleScript smart groups. (Feature Request: AppleScript Parity Between Macro Groups and Smart Macro Groups - #4 by ccstone)
- Added defence warning against the application being moved. (Rogue Amoeba - Under the Microscope » Blog Archive » Avoiding Crashes Caused by Application Moves)
- Added Find button when deleting a named clipboard that is used by one or more macros.
- Added Move Action Up/Down menu items.
- Added support to Press Button action to scan application windows for buttons.
- Added live results to the Search & Replace action. (Action live result display)
- Added or by keyboardmaestro CLI Tool to the Or By Script menu.
keyboardmaestrocommand line tool for triggering or editing macros.
- Added support for limiting variables passed to scripts.
- Added Apple Text Recognition to OCR options (macOS 10.15+). (Apple Vision OCR instead of Tessaract)
- Added Active Macro Groups palette to show which groups are active (available via the Help menu or the Status Menu).
Paste "xyz"submenu in the status menu to just display the text.
- Added an option to include macro icons in the status menu.
- Added an option to include macro icons in the group status menus.
- AppleScript do script returns results from the Return action.
- Execute Macro shortcut returns results from the Return action.
- Added Blue Topaz theme. (Custom Palette Style Colors? - #28 by BernSh)
- Request Screen Recording permission if the Pixel Condition is used.
- Request Contacts permission if the AddressBook token is used.
- Allow Create Unique File action without an output variable to execute without error.
- Better detection and reporting of errors in Web Browser actions.
- Use custom For Each action name in Display Progress title. (For Each Action now has its own Progress Bar KM10 - #8 by tiffle)
- Added an option to show only Images in the Clipboard History Switcher. (Search/Filter Images only in Clipboard History Switcher)
- Support Command & Command-Shift Arrows in Spotlight-like windows.
\processing in variable token array item separators (eg %Variable%Lines\n%).
- Support arbitrarily large numbers of files dropped on a palette entry. (Increase Maximum Number of Files That Can Be Dropped on a Macro?)
- Resolve symlinks for Applications (specifically this helps with the move of Safari in Ventura).
- Removed use of deprecated SecKeychainUnlock et al.
- Remove the "The text is" (and similar) from the Display Text windows. (Change / Manipulate the Title of the Display Text in Window - #4 by kevinb)
- Allow Prompt For user Input sliders to return decimals. (Slider keeps rounding my values down - #2 by peternlewis)
- Added Space Changed trigger. (FEATURE REQUEST: New Trigger–Desktop Space Change)
- Added tapped only once/twice/3 times options to Hot Key and USB Device Key trigger.
- Added support for modifiers in Typed String triggers (eg “em⇧” means e, m, tap the shift key). (Suggestion: Use key sequences (including modifiers) to trigger macros)
- Added Prompt for Snippet action.
- Added Create Calendar Event action (macOS 10.14+).
- Added Send Pushover Notification action.
- Added Set Screen Resolution action.
- Added Select Menu by Name action.
- Added Remove Clipboard Flavors action.
- Added Set Audio Input/Output/Sound Effects Device actions.
- Added Mute/Unmute Audio Output Device action.
- Added Get Location action.
- Added option to Click at Found Image action to wait for the image to appear.
- Added option to Find Image on Screen action to wait for the image to appear.
- Added Progress Bar option to Group action. (For Each Action now has its own Progress Bar KM10 - #12 by anamorph)
- Added Progress Bar option to Repeat action.
- Added support for other kinds of actions to the Press Button action (eg showing a menu). (What's the best way to work with mini-menus? (NOT the menu bar) - #2 by ccstone)
- Added an optional HelpURL field to Plug In actions. (Feature Request: Support for "Proper" Help Information in Third-Party Plugins)
- Added support to Set JSON Value action to delete dictionary or array entries by setting to
- Added explicit File Move and File Rename options to the Move or Rename action. (Wiki Update: File Actions)
- Added Hide Other Application, Bring All Window to Front and Reopen Initial Windows options to Activate Application action when already at front.
- Added an option to reduce the CPU usage of Pause Until for long running pauses.
- Support Set Variable to Text action setting array elements of a variable. (How to loop through Array Variable? - #3 by JMichaelTX)
- Added configurable themes for Show Palette of Macros action. (How to Have Multiple Conflict Palette Styles)
- Added option to Applications Palette action to default to Hide Others when switching.
- Added option to Apply Modifiers to Application action to default to Hide Others when switching.
- Add options for All Windows and Reopen windows to Activate Last Application. (Is there a KM action equivalent to BTT "switch to previous window"? - #25 by Frankb)
- Added File option to Stream Deck Set Image action. (Stream Deck: Set the Image to a File? (Like Found Image Works))
- Support Save to File as an output option to the Get URL, Execute Scripts/Shortcuts, and Plug In actions. (How to Copy an Image from a Web Page to the Clipboard or a File? - #6 by ccstone)
- Support saving images to Clipboard/File in a variety of formats for Get URL, Execute Scripts/Shortcuts, and Plug In actions.
- Adjusted Hide Front Application to wait for the application to no longer be active before proceeding.
- Adjusted Quit Application (et al) to wait for the application to terminate (or relaunch).
- Add a File Attribute condition. (How Prevent An Action From Working Under Certain Conditions?)
- Added Macro is Executing condition.
- Added Sentence Case filter.
- Added Styled Text to/from RTF filters. (Request for a new token: %CompositeTextWidth% - #15 by peternlewis)
- Adjusted the Word Count filter so that “1.49” is one word.
- Added %Safari/Chrome/FrontBrowserWindowName% tokens.
- Added %Safari/Chrome/FrontBrowserVersion/LongVersion% tokens.
- Added Safari/ChromeBundleID/Path/Name tokens.
- Added %FrontDocumentPath% token (thanks Chris!). (Finding the File Path for the Front Document in the Front Application)
- Added %ApplicationVersion/LongVersion% tokens. (FEATURE REQUEST: An enhancement to get Hardware and Software based Information without coding)
- Added %KeyboardMaestroVersion/LongVersion% tokens. (FEATURE REQUEST: An enhancement to get Hardware and Software based Information without coding)
- Added %SystemVersion/LongVersion% tokens. (FEATURE REQUEST: An enhancement to get Hardware and Software based Information without coding)
- Added %LastAbortedActionID% token. (Try/Catch: Would Love to Get More Details in Tokens - #3 by ccstone)
- Added %OptionReturn% token (valid in Insert Text by Typing only).
- Added %ScreenResolution/s% tokens.
- Added %AudioInputDevice/DeviceUID%, %AudioOutputDevice/DeviceUID%, %AudioSoundEffectsDevice/DeviceUID% tokens.
- Added %AudioInputDevices% and %AudioOutputDevices% tokens.
- Added %MusicPlayerState% token.
- Added %System/Past/Trigger/NamedClipboardFlavors% tokens.
- Adjusted the %FinderSelection/s% tokens to return the selected item, not the target of an alias/link. (https://forum.keyboardmaestro.com/t/finderselections-with-symbolic-links/29015)
- Added PROCESSORS() function. (FEATURE REQUEST: An enhancement to get Hardware and Software based Information without coding)
- Added MEMORY() function. (FEATURE REQUEST: An enhancement to get Hardware and Software based Information without coding)
- Added UPTIME() function. (FEATURE REQUEST: An enhancement to get Hardware and Software based Information without coding)
- Added an optional second parameter to ROUND, CEIL, FLOOR, and TRUNC functions.
- Fixed a performance issue in the editor switching to/from macros with large numbers of triggers (Performance of a macro with many key triggers)
- Fixed a crash that could happen if the icon of one macro was dependent on another recursively. (KM Editor Crashing at Launch)
- Fixed a possible crash after duplicate Typed String triggers fire and the macros are immediately reloaded.
- Fixed an issue with Prompr For user Input sliders with initial values above 100. (Slider keeps rounding my values down - #2 by peternlewis)
- Fixed some issues with the Ruler in text views.
- Fixed an issue with the %|% token and emoji. ([Bug]: Cursor positioned incorrectly after inserting text with emojis)
- Fixed an issue searching for greater than 16-bit unicode characters. (I'm Not Sure That Emoji Are Reliably Searchable in the Keyboard Maestro Editor 😭)
- Fixed a glitch in the KeyCaps.icns file. (Other icons “Export as Trigger File...” - #3 by peternlewis)
- Fixed an issue with %FinderSelection% and %FinderSelections% tokens.
- Fixed an issue with USB Device Key triggers and MacBook Pro M2 Product ID = 0 keyboards.
- Fixed using Helvetica in the Spotlight-like windows.
- Fixed keyboardmaestro: URL so it works when the editor is launched.
- Fixed Typed String triggers with regular expressions to produce conflict palettes if appropriate.
- Fixed an issue with the non-edit trigger display of times in certain time zones. (Set a Time Trigger Shows a Different Time)
- Fixed setting Trigger Macro by Name to a Smart Macro Group. (Trigger Macro by Name - Limit to Smart Group Results?)
- Fixed a memory leak when finding images (Excessive Keyboard Maestro Engine Memory Usage)
- Fixed an issue with the Interactive Help listing macro execution multiple times.
- Fixed an issue with the Interactive Help not listing recorded Quick Macro executions.
- Fixed some issues with truncating strings with decomposed emoji characters.
- Improved error reporting for Select Menu Item to better report the bogus error returned by Sonoma.
- Ignore specific error -25204 and -25205 in Sonoma for Select Menu Item.
- Request Location permission in Sonoma when Wireless information is needed.