Deactivate Macro group Not working

Hello,
The Deactivate Mac group function seems not working. I also tried Activate/Deactivate, it does not work either.
I’m using the latest version of KM, 8.1.1, on MacOS 10.13.3
Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Martin

Sorry. I think it was activated and deactivated.
I did not see any difference in appearance. But in effect, the activation and deactivation functions do work.

Ok. I think it is working. But the “Display toggle” function does not work properly.
Most of the time it won’t display.
This might be a bug?

Better late than never!

I am just learning about this action now- and as far as I can tell when you are just using "Activate/Deactivate macro group" what is actually happening is that the triggers for the macros in that group are being turned on and off. So if your not using palettes there is no visible sign of whether or not a macro group has been de/activated. Which is a little bit confusing I think, but it works anyhow.

In regards the "display toggle" function, I think that only comes up if there has been a state change from active to deactive or vice versa.

Actually, that is incorrect. Macro triggers are not changed in any way.

Macro Group, and Macro, activation can be a confusing topic.
See Macro Activation .

Deactivate/Activate Macro Group is not working for me. The Toggle Display is shown but the group is not activated/deactivated.

Please post a screen shot of the Macro Group and upload the Macro where you are changing the active state of it.

Please read:
Tip: How Do I Get The Best Answer in the Shortest Time?

Macro that should activate/deactivate the macro group:

Deactivate Macro Group.kmmacros (1.3 KB)

Screenshot of Macro group:

I figured out activating or deactivating is working, but it is not shown as activated/deactivated. There is still a checkmark an not an X behind the Macro Group name. Is this a normal behaviour? It's a little bit confusing.

Try the Set Macro or Group Enable action instead. I'm guessing that's what you really want.

Yes.

The large image or image indicate the "Enabled" status of the Macro, which is quite different from the "Activation" status. See Macro Group Activation .

@peternlewis has stated it is better to toggle the Activation Status, rather then the Enabled Status, because:

1. It is faster
  2. Changing the Enabled Status causes the large Macro Group/ Macro plist file to be rewritten, and also will rewrite the KM Sync file, affecting other Macs, if you have Sync enabled.

Rather than toggle the Activation Status, you may want to explicitly Activate and Deactivate it as needed:

This way you will be assured of its status when the Macro Action is run.

Ok, thank you!