I added/edited several new macros over the weekend.
Since then, sometimes this is happening:
Counter keeps growing until I kill KM's process and my bluetooth trackpad behaves weirdly for a long time even after I do that.
How can I determine which of the macros is causing this?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
Try opening the KM Engine log, found under KM's Help menu, and see if that doesn't reveal which macro(s) have been misbehaving:
Will try that out, thanks!
Here's how to make that painless:
If you don't have
BBEdit then please install it, because even if you don't eventually buy BBEdit (commercial) the BBEdit-Lite (free) version it reverts to after a 30 day demo is seriously powerful and very scriptable.
Open the Keyboard Maestro Engine Log in the Console or BBEdit
A couple more things:
A) Look in the “Cancel” menu of the Keyboard Maestro Status menu in the menu bar, and see what's actually running.
B) Make sure you have a kill-all-macros macro with a keyboard shortcut you remember.
See these threads:
You got bit eh?
Everyone who uses Keyboard Maestro should have a keyboard-driven
I learned that the hard way long ago and have advocated it ever since.
The macro has saved me a lot of trouble several times and completely saved my bacon once.
Tags: @KillSwitch, @Kill_Switch, @Switch, @CancelAllMacros, @Cancel_All_Macros, @Kill_All_Macros, @KillAllMacros
That’s the Keyboard Maestro Status Menu in the menu bar.
And no that is not how to break from a running macro; it’s to cancel all running macros in case something is amiss.
It’s a good idea to have a kill-all-maros macro:
Kill All Macros.kmmacros (1.5 KB)
Because it can be easier to hit a keyboard shortcut than use the mouse in that fashion if you have a runaway process.
You’ll note inside the Status Menu there’s a submenu called “Cancel” – from there you can cancel indiv…
This is almost always the
Not absolutely always, but by far the most common cause of massive numbers of notifications.
Thanks everyone. This community is amazingly responsive and informative.
Peter, your hunch is correct, this is related to a browser action after all:
My guess is that it doesn't fail gracefully if it doesn't find the button...
Its not the button, it is the
Got it. Really helpful, thanks!