Downgrade to KM 10 without any risk of losing macros

I seem to have clicked without reading something that upgraded my KM to 11 from 10. I don't think I need the new features, so, would prefer not to pay.

Do I need to downgrade to KM 10?

Are there simple instructions and tips to make sure not to lose macros?

I see this old post: I want to go back to Version 10 (perhaps v11 broke something) - #9 by peternlewis

But I'm not sure what in there prevents loss of macros, or how or what file to backup to make sure?
thanks in advance!

Instructions for reverting are on the wiki at:

• Quit Keyboard Maestro Engine and Keyboard Maestro
  • Download version 10 from https://files.stairways.com/keyboardmaestro-1020.zip
  • Use the Finder to move the downloaded Keyboard Maestro application to the Application folder.
  • Launch Keyboard Maestro 10.
  • Open the About box and ensure it shows version 10.2, and registered to you.

If you want to ensure there is no change to your macros, before launching Keyboard Maestro 10, you can open the ~/Library/Application Support/Keyboard Maestro folder (You can get to ~/Library (which is in your Home folder, but generally hidden from you) in the Finder by holding down the shift (or option) key and selecting Library from the Go menu in the Finder.), and replace the Keyboard Maestro Macros.plist file (save a copy of it just in case) with the Keyboard Maestro Macros Saved Version 10.plist which will be your macros as they were before Keyboard Maestro 11 first ran.

1 Like