Find Image can't set fuzziness to a variable

I am using the action "Find Image" a lot lately in a autosplitter I have made for speedrunning. (I know crazy abuse of the system but it works!)

The problem is for each image file I need to be able to customize how much fuzziness I want from the file name. This means I need to be able to set the fuzziness to a variable, but I currently can only hard code the fuzziness.

I have read the other posts on this and it seems

has a workaround of using apple script, but that is gonna be too slow for my use case where I need to run this 10 times a second at least.

My workaround right now is having a bunch of ifs for the various fuzzinesses I need, but its gross and limited.

Any thoughts of adding a way to use variables for fuzziness?

It is basically a UI image. It would be relatively little code to get the fuzziness from a calculation, but it would require a fair amount of UI to allow the selection between a slider and as calculation, and all the extra UI that that entails.

Unfortunately, I think your best bet is a Switch action, which could then offer as many fuzz adjustments as you can face making.

But yes, it is pretty ugly.

Yeah thats what I am doing now. The only problems is I have to try to estimate I have the slider right for each number lol

It seems each "hash" mark is 20%.

Am I also right to assume the "fuzz" number goes from 0 to 100?

I get return values that are weird sometimes. Like the fuzz being 47 even though I only allowed a fuzz of up to 30.

And what does a fuzz of 100 even mean? Any documentation you could provide would be really helpful.

The fuzz is from 0 to 100, there are 5 tick marks, so they are at 0, 25, 50, 75, 100.

There is no documentation on the fuzz - their calculation is complicated.

If %Calculate%AutoSplitLastFoundImage.fuzz% returns 25, does that mean that image would have been found with any fuzz 25 or more?

Yes. Mostly. It does depend on what other matches are found, but it does mean the location will be considered a match.