[FINDER] Move Selected Finder Items to Choose Folder [Example]

You mean like this: A Few Favorites Macro?

Maybe! I'm not familiar with that but will check it out—I was just throwing in there what I think should solve @OscarFogel's previous question :slight_smile:

I'm sad to say that @JMichaelTX will not be able to respond...

The Passing of JMichaelTX

JMichaelTX – Unforgettable Generosity With His Time and Knowledge

There are a number of macros on the forum that open selected Finder items, although finding them isn't always easy...

Here's one example thread:

Open Selected Files in the Finder with QuickTime Player

-Chris

3 Likes

Oh no, that is terrible—sorry, y'all, I had no idea. What a great guy. Thank you for letting me know, and for the links @ccstone.

Semi-related & please let me know if I should create a new thread for this, but do you know of any posts that might describe how to have all selected items move to a selected folder in one go? I am probably missing something basic, but the macros I've come across & made so far have had me need to re-confirm the location for every item. Ideally, it'd stick everything in that place once the folder is chosen. I hope that makes sense & thank you again.

Hey Max,

See this:

Easiest Solution to Move One or More Files and/or Folders Selected in the Finder to Another Folder - #20 by ccstone

Read through the entire thread to see more than one method of getting the job done.

-Chris

3 Likes

Thanks again, I will check this out now!

1 Like