MACRO: [FINDER] Move Selected Finder Items to Choose Folder [Example]
2017-02-11 12:10 CT
- Add better error handling
- Add prefix of "MSF__" to all KM Variables used in this macro
(all variables are deleted at end of macro)
~~~ VER: 1.1 2017-02-11 ~~~
You may also be interested in:
MACRO: Move List of Items Selected in PathFinder
PURPOSE: MOVE Items in Finder Selection to Destination Folder Chosen by User
HOW To USE:
- Select one or more items (files and/or folders) in the Finder
- Trigger this Macro
- MOVE will be CANCELED if the User cancels the Choose Folder script, OR clicks on "Stop" in the "Confirm Move" alert.
Note that the App focus starts on the Finder, and remains the same after the macro completes.
BASED ON THIS USER QUESTION:
Can KM display a set of folders, say all folders in the Documents folder or a list of folders (or alias of folders) I create in the Documents folder (or some other folder) that when I click on a folder within that set of displayed folders will move a previously selected file in the Finder to that folder and return me back to the folder I made the file selection from?
REF: Simplifying Filing: Move Selected Finder File to “Pick-A-Folder”
Simplifying Filing: Move Selected Finder File to "Pick-A-Folder"
(1) Keyboard Maestro Ver 7.0.3+
(2) Yosemite (10.10.5)+