How Can I Automate Excel Using KM?

Hi everyone,

I use keyboard maestro on MacOS for several months to do simple action (open files and url) and would like to get to use it for controlling excel. I have a custom excel program that allow me to control the amount of lesson and the payment for student (I’m a french teacher) and will generate invoice at the end of the month
In excel, every time I start a lesson I have to click on the registrate lesson button and chose the name of the student and then ok. It’s very simple but I forget a lot to do it and it’s a big problem in the end of the month when I have to double check every lesson. I already have a macro that open the google classroom page and trello profile for every student so I would like to get the excel thing done at the same time. Sorry if my explanation is very long and if it’s a really easy task to do but I’m not used to do this kind of stuff

Thanks

Hello @Max85 and welcome to the forum. These two blog posts of mine might help you on your journey...

Automating Microsoft Excel

Automating Microsoft Excel Some More

If not, let's explore your need some more - as a I probably want it, too.

1 Like

Can you share an example.

I would say that in general it is very possible to automate Excel using KM, and maybe some AppleScript. Unfortunately, it is not possible to offer you more specific suggestions without much more detailed info about your workflow, and exactly how you want to automate Excel.

So, if you'd like some specific suggestions, you need to:

1. Post a step-by-step process of your workflow
  2. Post your existing macro
  3. Upload an example Excel file (as a zip file), and show us (a video would be great) of how you want to automate your use of it.
  4. Post an example (screenshot) of the Excel screen before and after you make changes.

Please read:
Tip: How Do I Get The Best Answer in the Shortest Time?

I hope you don't mind that I have revised your topic title to better reflect the question you have asked.

Excel on mac

TO:
How Can I Automate Excel Using KM?

This will greatly help you attract more experienced users to help solve your problem, and will help future readers find your question, and the solution.

Right. I'm itching to dig in on the actual problem. (My two blog posts I referenced above are more by way of "scattershot vocabulary" than anything.)