How Do I Modify Zip Folder Macro to Always Zip a Particular Folder?

Hi all,

I just found this great legacy script that works very well. So cool!

It asks to pre-select a folder in the finder and then run the script. For my needs, I would like a small modification where the script could run on a daily schedule (no problem to set that up) and then:

• automatically select the sub contents of just 1 particular directory/Folder (ThisFolder)

• and then create a zip of the sub contents.

• this will be best to run in the background as a zip service requiring no human interaction.

So, it seems that I just simply have to change to beginning of the script to automatically select one particular directory like...

(/Volumes/MyDrive/ThisFolder)

• then continue on, and zip the sub contents of this master folder (ThisFolder) like:

Sub contents

Folder1.zip
Folder2.zip

etc.

Q: I am not quite sure at the beginning of the script, how to pre-select this particular directory (/Volumes/MyDrive/ThisFolder) to zip. Any ideas how to set this up?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Dave

I hope you don't mind that I have revised your topic title to better reflect the question you have asked.

Zippity Fun

TO:
How Do I Modify Zip Folder Macro to Always Zip a Particular Folder?

This will greatly help you attract more experienced users to help solve your problem, and will help future readers find your question, and the solution.

Of course - good Idea.