How do you keep track of, summarize and do you have a way to display your zillion KM keyboard shortcuts for easy reference?

thanks VERY much ! Very kind of you.

1 Like

I am starting a new post concerning the Stream Deck because I have multiple questions after reading the post by @cdhomer and yourself

@ronald Your advisors are absolutely right. A Stream Deck can be really useful. And apparently you've already bought one. I decided against it because I travel a lot and don't have the stream deck with me. I have found a good replacement. But it only works if you have a Macbook with physical F-Keys, use the internal keyboard and are willing to invest 10 bucks. If you're interested, I'll be happy to explain. Otherwise have fun with your Stream Deck :smiley:

1 Like

I am sorry. It's not possible for me, but thanks very much for your offer to help

1 Like

You can set KeyCue v10.1 to just show your Keyboard Maestro shortcuts. Here I've set macro hotkeys (these includes Keyboard Maestro) to show by holding the control key for about a second. Also shown but not displayed are showing system-wide shortcuts by holding the option key for about a second and the menu hotkeys by holding the command key for about a second. There are other triggers available, these are just the ones I picked.

Version 10.1 has gotten pretty granular with filtering what is displayed.

2 Likes

I use Alfred as my starting point in everything I do on a Mac. This workflow let's you trigger KM macro by just typing the first few character of the macro names. I think it is a great start for not having to remember all the shortcuts.

1 Like

thank you. Seems very interesting but the first step is to install Python 3, and when I click on the link, I am asked to pay $3,000

Thanks very much for your explanations and screenshot.

I worked with KeyCue for years and found it very frustrating. Based on your post, I reinstalled it and bought an up to date license. I emulated your configuration.

When I activate keycue, I find the same old problem. I am not being critical and very much appreciate your recommendation. There must be something that I don't understand.

Namely, out of hundreds or a thousand macros, the keycue display picks up and displays a few macros here and there (randomly?) one out of 50 for chrome, one out of a zillion in my global macro group, one out of many macros in my format group, and in addition the display of multiple macros useless macro groups, etc

The idea is great, but the result makes no sense.

How do you choose what is displayed on keycue ?

Thanks again very much.

No, that's a domain hosting site, telling you that installpython3.com is available to buy. It just means the website with the install instructions is no longer available. :joy:

Try this instead.

1 Like

Don’t know if you are adventurous to try these but, I find this instructions to be pretty simple to follow. I’m a big fan of Drafts app and I also use Alfred to interact with Drafts.

Honestly, I haven't explored this and just responded as it seemed that KC was not as limited as you suggest.

Looking further, I see that KC's display changes depending on the app you are in so it is app aware.

Next, I see that it doesn't seem to be displaying KM macros that haven't been assigned a keyboard shortcut.

Also, I see it only displaying enabled shortcuts.

Do those three perimeters make a difference in what you are seeing?